Crash Course Village's New Technologies - Alternative Fuel Vehicles Class and High Strength Steel Alloys Vehicles Class
- The most up-to-date information available provided in an easy to understand presentation.
- Identifying alternative fueled vehicles, determining their power and running status.
- The dangers of the very technical design of electric powered vehicles.
- Proper procedures to safely "power down" and "make safe" hybrid vehicles from the first hybrid vehicle to hit the road to the most advance hybrid/electric vehicles on the road today.
- Power down and fuel shut off procedures for compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquid natural gas (LNG) over the road trucks. These alternative fueled vehicles are becoming more prevalent on our highways.
- Hands-on with various alternative fuel vehicles (this in not a "cut'em up" class, this is hands on learning with static vehicle systems)
- Extrication implications of high strength steel alloys that are being used in vehicles today and how they will be used in the near future.
Instructor: Instructor Dave Stover will present this timely material.
David S. Stover is a retired Professor of Automotive Technology with 36 total years of teaching, 24 years of teaching at the Community College level. He is also a volunteer Fire Fighter/EMT at the Bellbrook Fire Department in Bellbrook Ohio.
He holds Master ASE Automotive Certifications, ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Certifications and Emergency Vehicle Technician Certifications (EVT).
He is the owner of First Responder Safety Training Ltd. providing training on Alternative Fueled Vehicles, Apparatus Inspection Training, and IFVAS Driver Training to fire departments in South West Ohio.
Dave has been a presenter at Crash Course since 2012.
Available Dates - January 31 and February 20, 2018
Time: 9:00 am till 4:00 pm - Registration opens at 8:30 with coffee and donuts/bagels
Location: CCV Classroom facility - 2685 Culver Ave, Kettering, OH.
Cost: $150.00 per student (payment is due 30 days before the class session)
Lunch: Lunch will be provided on site
Class Limit: 20 Students